Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sri Sri Mahatmyam- Series Part 6



Dispeller of darkness(Ajnan Nashaka, Pragna Pradaayaka)


This happened long time ago, probably 12 years ago. I was about to commit a sin. Although had not committed it, the very thought of it had created a guilt in me. It was so high that did not know what to do. I decided to meet Gurudev before taking any extreme steps. Entered Vishalakshi Mantap of Bangalore ashram. Gurudev was sitting there and was explaining Bhagavadgeetha to his devotees. He was explaining about Arjuna and Krishna. He said Arjuna is very dear to Krishna. And added, "Even if you had committed the sin, you are and you will be my dearest devotee." He looked straight into my eyes, fixed on me for complete one minute. I was stupefied. No tears, no anger, no guilt.....it was as though Gurudev had given me a spiritual bath. The old me never existed anymore. He saved my life and asked nothing in return. He had dispelled the ignorance and guilt in me by bestowing the knowledge so subtly and effortlessly.

People ask me, Does Gurudev know you by name? Have you talked to him?

He knows what you do, he knows what you are going through. He knows what you have not shared with any single human on planet earth. Relationship between a devotee and a Master is beyond words, it is the connection which only two of you will know. The Guru, who is the father, mother, family and Divine Light of devotees, bestows realization of the limitations of worldly existence.

Here is the chapter 12,verse 20 of Bhagavadgeetha for you:

ye tu dharmāmṛtam idaḿ
yathoktaḿ paryupāsate
śraddadhānā mat-paramā
bhaktās te ’tīva me priyāḥ

WORD FOR WORD
ye -- those who; tu -- but; dharma -- of religion; amrtam -- nectar; idam -- this; yatha -- as; uktam -- said; paryupasate -- completely engage; sraddadhanah -- with faith; mat-paramah -- taking Me, the Supreme Lord, as everything; bhaktah -- devotees; te -- they; ativa -- very, very; me -- to Me; priyah -- dear.

TRANSLATION
Those who follow this imperishable path of devotional service and who completely engage themselves with faith, making Me the supreme goal, are very, very dear to Me.

Alright...Stay tuned next Thursday for another story of our Poojya Gurudev.

श्री श्री नमामी(Sri Sri Namami)
Upasana

No comments: