Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nobility of profession

I have always grown up thinking, doctors and teachers are noblest of all.And it is the most noble profession.Had admired every teacher and doctor too.How can something be greater than providing knowledge and giving good health to people?

When I just commented the same to one of my ex-colleague, Veena she said, 'H.R is also a noble profession. Giving livelihood to somebody is so great.Being a part of somebody's life in providing them livelihood is so truely noble.'

Very true!!! Every profession is noble in its own way.It is the person and not the profession.We get to know the value of a plumber when our toilets are not working, we get to know the value of a electrician when our lights and fan are not working, we get to know the value of a scavenger when our area starts stinking.....etc.

2 comments:

looking within said...

I also thought being doctor is the noblest profession one can have. But now think that they just memorize things. A scientist is the one behind all discoveries. ha ha just a feel good factor. Every profession has it's own merits. HR, of course:-D

Gireesan said...

I happened to be a teacher. I could inspire a bunch of my students. I am proud of them and at least a few are proud of me as well.

Now being a s/w engg. I had good and bad experiences with so told "HR".

I think it is the passion for the profession, not the profession which make it great.