Thursday, February 15, 2018

Gurudev as my Navigator


Finally squeezed some time to write something. Special thanks to Art of Living teacher, Abhay Ladhe who said recently during long kriya that if you have a talent to write, you must do so.

Like any movies, starting with flashback :)

In 2014, When Kala Aunty was giving me a ride said to me, 'Gurudev makes you do lot of things. He even teaches you to drive.' I smiled and thought in my mind,'It is true for her, cannot be true for me.' Was wondering how can Gurudev make you drive? At least, it can never be true in my case because I am hopeless in spacial awareness. I used to fidget to take car on new road.It was so high that I used to sweat while driving.The series of thoughts were halted by peppy talks.

Three years later on July 2017, I happened to do Shakthi Kriya course under Michael Fischmann. What pulled my attention to this course is: we need not practice the techniques taught in the course on daily basis. The lazy me was obviously delighted :) Little did I know then that this course would change my life drastically. A course that took away the fear and taught me to let go and continue. A course that brought me back in touch with the infinite presence of the Master even in his physical absence.

We were told to 'Let go' of our fear and 'continue'. The third day of the course, I decided to test out what was taught in the course, to Let go and continue...Yes, took the car to Medina.Asked Gurudev to sit beside me in car while I drive. There were times when I was wondering where to take left, immediately a car would come from nowhere.It was as if to show me just take left here. There were times when I wanted to just have a red light to check if I need to change the lane to go right/left, The light would turn red. There were times when I had no idea how to do parallel parking in street, the car in front of me would decide to leave. There were times I would freak out to change the lane in busy street of downtown, the car behind me would wait patiently until I manage to change lane. There were times when I had feared to take reverse in the midst of too many cars, a Man would get down and guide me how to go about taking reverse. And when roads were covered with snow, Have experienced Gurudev himself driving the car for me. In this non-doership mode, keep wondering what is the role of 'me' here? Just nothing...a ripple in that vast ocean of existence, playing different roles before I perish.

Its been 6 months now, I have driven to Oakdale, St.Paul, Brooklyn Park, Minneapolis,Bloomington, Eden Prairie with Gurudev by my side.(Would rather say, Gurudev drove it himself, making me HIS instrument) Now,The hammering heart while driving had started beating steadily, the fear to face new roads had vanished in thin air. I was born again, Aho Niranjan!

I accidentally stumbled upon a knowledge of Gurudev where he said,'When something happens to you beyond your logical sense, it is called grace'. It was as though Gurudev spoke to me through these words and evoked, from center of the being, a response of surrender and gratitude. If this is grace, then I am drenched in it...completely soaked.

Knowledge takeaways from the course:

1. We have two thoughts , one is the intuitive thought and other the doubt/fear ,other negative thoughts which bring down the intuitive thought. All the practices we do is to awaken this intuitive thought.
2. The life follows a cycle of waxing and waning in everything, which includes spirituality as well. You need not feel guilty if you are not able to do any course in certain time.
3. This one was the best: While driving your car, if you go to a wrong lane, does the GPS yell at you? Instead it just re-routes you to ensure you reach the destination. In the same way, you need not get wild when somebody does mistake.
4. Last but not the least, Let go and continuuuuuuuuue....... :)

More later...

Love,
Upasana








No comments: