Thursday, February 22, 2018

Sri Sri Mahatmyam- Series Part 1



Longing

At the Art of Living ashram in Bangalore we have satsang every evening Monday through Saturday from 7.30 pm to 9 pm,which consists of singing,knowledge sharing and celebration.We can also see Sri Sri if he is in town. Sri Sri is fondly called Gurudev or Guruji(Master) by his devotees. Sunday, satsang starts slightly early, around 4 p.m. Anybody is welcome during that time,provided you leave all your worries/problems there and go back happily.

Just want to share an incident that occurred in 2005. That was the time when I was doing internship in a Multi National Company at Koramangala in Bangalore,India. It was 7.30 p.m in the evening,when I had intense longing to meet 'Gurudev'. I called up my friend and told him that we need to go to ashram in Kanakpura, which is 21 km from the heart of the city of Bangalore. He replied,'Even if we start now,we will reach ashram only at 9 p.m.Are you sure you really want to go?' My reply,'Yes, I want to go. At least we can see Sri Sri'. And we started,I was crying through the entire journey with complete longing, with only intention in the heart to meet HIM. We finally reached at 9 p.m. And satsang was still going on. I was still crying for reason unknown. Anyone who would have seen me, would have thought I am in some deep problem.This was nothing to do with anything mundane- career,relationship, money...etc.

Rishi Nithyapragya started with singing,'Mussu mussu haasi, dil malailai, mussi mussu haasi dil. Zara muskurade, muskurade ,zara muskurade aey kushi..'

This is one of my favorite song in Hindi Bollywood music. I was amazed at the timing. How did he know? May be just a coincidence. Whatever it is, loved the coincidence.It means just smile:)

Gurudev turned towards my side, His angelic smile and charm brushed away the tears flowing and I was calm, again for reasons unknown.

After the satsang, somebody said the satsang started at 8.30 p.m. that day. The satsang schedule had changed in AOL-Bangalore ashram that day. Gratitude towards Gurudev knew no bounds. He had decided to have a permanent spot in my heart.

Just remembered a shloka in Hindi:

तीव्र प्रेम के पाले पड़कर, अपना नियम बदलते देखा
अपना मान टले टल जाए, भक्त का मान न टलते देखा

Guru will change the rules for intense love even if it is at the cost of his fame. He will never let his devotees down.

Tears rolling down the cheeks,
श्री श्री नमामी(Sri Sri Namami)

Upasana

P.S:
Here is the address of Art of Living,Bangalore Ashram in case you want to visit:
Art of Living International Center
Ved Vignan Maha Vidya Peeth
21st Km, Kanakapura Road, Udayapura
Bangalore, Karnataka 560 082, India
Phone: +91 80 28432273 / 74. e-mail: info@vvmvp.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It felt as if I was with you in your story. I can relate to what you shared and have experience such longing myself. Thanks for sharing.

Ideas... said...

Jai Gurudev!!!