Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sri Sri Mahatmyam- Series Part 3


The Guarding Angel

In 2005, Gurudev envisioned that we will be celebrating Silver Jubilee of The Art of Living Foundation in Jakkoor Aerodrome, Bangalore on February 2006. He said 3 million people will be meditating for world peace and harmony. People across 150 countries would be visiting us in Bangalore. We were divided into core teams- transportation, accommodation, musicians, food, stage decoration...etc. I happened to be part of accommodation team and was asked to take care of 300 people who will be coming from Haryana, India at Kalyana Mantapam(Marriage Hall), Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore. All the necessary items for accommodation was bought- soap, towel, shampoo, conditioner, comb, brush, paste, slippers....etc. I was proud of my attention to detail and planning.

When the team arrived,they were received with care and respect. One elderly person asked for a bucket and a mug for bath. I replied,'We have a shower, you may use it'. He said that he needs to do 'Sandhyavandan'( religious ritual performed by Hindus, particularly those initiated through the sacred thread ceremony referred to as the Upanayanam) and needs bucket for the same. This never occurred to me. It was Sunday and all shops were closed. I told him that I would get one and decided to try out my luck. But the shops were all closed.

I have the habit of putting all the garbage(negative thoughts) to Gurudev intermittently. As usual asked Gurudev in my mind,'From where will I get bucket on Sunday now? What to do?'Decided to try out luck in Jayanagar area. Before going to Jayanagar, went to the hall to check if they need anything more. Again promised the elderly man that bucket would be provided.

He replied,"Bucket ki zaroorat nahin hai...Guruji ne kisiko ashram se bheja...Aur usne hamein bucket de diya..."(He does not need the bucket, Guruji sent someone from ashram with the bucket)

I thought that man has gone crazy. Why would Gurudev send someone from ashram with bucket? Especially on a day when he was busy with too many other things. I asked him to show the bucket. And there I see an orange bucket with matching mug. I was in complete disbelief.

I called up all volunteers to check if they got bucket. They didn't even know that we needed one. Intellect wanted to calculate what is the probability of Gurudev sending somebody with bucket? Infinity?????

After the event, Gurudev invited all the volunteers who worked towards Silver Jubilee for a dinner. I had an urge to ask him if he sent someone with the bucket; However, was hesitant to ask. As though he read my mind, He said,'Ha... You might have seen lot of miracles happening during these days'. The peace in his face spoke as eloquently as his speech.

Reiterating what he said in Patanjali Yogasutra, The largest of the large and smallest of the small thought is under the preview of the Guru. He takes care.

Alright...Stay tuned next Thursday for another story of our 'Sweettoo Guru'.

श्री श्री नमामी(Sri Sri Namami)
Upasana

No comments: