Thursday, March 1, 2018

Sri Sri Mahatmyam- Series Part 2

Thank you to each one of you who took time to read this blog. Now this blog is global, it is read by people from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines,Germany, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, USA and India. Truly, Love moves the world :)You motivate me to write more.

'Mahatmyam' is Glory. We are here to share the glories of our Guru, who has graced us in this path.

I am planning to write one post every 'Guruvar'(Thursday) on Guru's glory.

The power of his picture


This was the time when I had just done basic course (Happiness Program now) * of Art of Living at Mangalore in 2004. The course helped me make new friends, meet people who have similar spiritual quest like me, meet like-minded people who help each other and also truly believe in uplifting each other. My respect for my AOL teacher was the highest: he was caring, knowledgeable and approachable.The team was superb in conducting knowledge sessions, long kriya, seva and high energy satsangs :) We used to even hang out together at restaurants and help people in old age homes.Being with the team was time to relax,laugh and grow.

Soon, I got an admission in Bangalore for M.B.A., which was my dream then. But my attachment to the AOL-Mangalore was very high. It was hard for me to leave Mangalore due to the love of people and care of the teacher. I went to the room of AOL-center(Mangalore) which had huge picture of 'Gurudev'. That was the room we used to conduct satsangs and courses. No one was there in the room that day, lights were off. I did not want anyone to know that I am in the room. Without switching ON the lights knelt down the picture of 'Gurudev'. And was crying because it was hard for me to leave this wonderful place. Suddenly Gurudev appeared in front of me, the clarity was like HDTV. He said,'Are you a fool? I am calling you towards me and you are crying? Just come to Bangalore.' I suddenly opened my eyes. Was it just my thoughts??? I looked around to see if anybody noticed. No, room was still dark. Did not speak a word to anyone about this incident, people would think I am a fool....

I realized that day that I was attached to the AOL -teacher and failed to see Who made my teacher 'the teacher who is so knowledgeable and caring'?Who started this Sudarshana Kriya(A breathing technique- which allows you to release stress instantly- As fast as instant coffee:) )?Who gave me these friends? It is this Guru- Sri Sri Ravishankar, The founder of this Art of Living foundation. Also realized that the picture of Gurudev is not mere picture. It has life in it. He will listen and answer your prayers/questions too.

I recall one incident shared by an Advance course (Silence course now) ** participant in 2005. A man wanted to message his fiancee on some urgent matter; However, His phone had no charge in the battery. He had forgotten to get his charger. He kept his phone in front of Gurudev's picture and asked to charge the phone. To his surprise, the phone was charged 100% in no time. While he was sharing the incident after the course, he was crying in disbelief. That was the first time I was seeing a man cry.

गुरु के सामान नहीं दूसरा जहाँ में(Guru ke samaan nahi doosra jahan mein)

There is no one like the Guru in this entire world.

Alright...See you next week with interesting stories of Gurudev.

श्री श्री नमामी(Sri Sri Namami)
Upasana

*Happiness Program is a three-day workshop at the Art of Living Foundation where we learn breathing techniques to release stress and remain calm in most difficult situations. It is a life changing program. To check program near your location, log in to: https://www.artofliving.org/

**Silence Program is like servicing your body. We service our vehicle every year, but forget to realize that our body too needs one. Has it ever occurred to you that you need a vacation for yourself, but end up being more tired after vacation? Then, this program is for you. Where you will get the perfect vacation for yourself and be energized.






No comments: